And if the Wine you drink, the Lip you press,
End in the Nothing all Things end in - Yes

–Omar Khayyam


Wednesday, December 14, 2016

questions





.



It belches out breath and its name is wind. So long as it doesn't come forth, nothing happens. But when it does, then ten thousand hollows begin crying wildly. Can't you hear them, long and drawn out?

In the mountain forests that lash and sway, there are huge trees a hundred spans around with hollows and openings like noses, like mouths, like ears, like jugs, like cups, like mortars, like rifts, like ruts. They roar like waves, whistle like arrows, screech, gasp, cry, wail, moan, and howl, those in the lead calling out yeee!, those behind calling out yuuu! In a gentle breeze they answer faintly, but in a full gale the chorus is gigantic. And when the fierce wind has passed on, then all the hollows are empty again. 

Have you never seen the tossing and trembling that goes on?


–Chuang Tzu


Suppose I try saying something. What way do I have of knowing that if I say I know something I don't really know it? Or what way do I have of knowing that if I say I don't know something I don't really in fact know it?

I am going to try speaking some reckless words, and I want you to listen to them recklessly. How will that be?



–Chuang Tzu




.








No comments:

Post a Comment