Sunday, October 20, 2024

blessed one

   






.




May the Sound of this Bell Penetrate deep into the Cosmos 
Even in the darkest spots 
Living Beings are able to hear it clearly 
So that all suffering in them ceases 
Understanding comes to their hearts 
And they transcend the path of Sorrow and Death 

The Universal Dharma Door 
Is already open 
The Sound of the Rising Tide is heard clearly 
The miracle happens 
A beautiful child appears in the heart of a Lotus flower 
One single drop of this Compassionate Water 
Is enough to bring back the refreshing Spring 
To our Mountains and Rivers 

Listening to the Bell I feel the afflictions in me begin to dissolve 
My mind is calm, my body relaxed 
A smile is born on my lips 
Following the Sound of the Bell 
My breath brings me back to the safe Island of Mindfulness 
In the Garden of my Heart 
The flowers of Peace Bloom beautifully

I know that for thousands of lifetimes,
you and I have been one,
and the distance between us is only a flash of thought.
Just yesterday while walking alone,
I saw the old path strewn with Autumn leaves,
and the brilliant moon, hanging over the gate,
suddenly appeared like the image of an old friend.

And all the stars confirmed that you were there!
All night, the rain of compassion continued to fall,
while lightning flashed through my window
and a great storm arose,
as if Earth and Sky were in battle.

Finally in me the rain stopped, the clouds parted.
The moon returned,
shining peacefully, calming Earth and Sky.
Looking into the mirror of the moon, suddenly
I saw myself,
and I saw you smiling, Blessed One.
How strange!


—Thich Nhat Hanh 


.



Be at peace with your own soul.
Then heaven & earth will be at peace with you.

Enter eagerly into the treasure house that is within you,
And you will see the things that are in heaven, for there is but one single entry to them both.

The ladder that leads to the Kingdom is hidden within your soul…
Dive into yourself and in your soul and you will discover the stairs by which to ascend.


—Isaac of Nineveh


.

 






1 comment: